SC - What did Santa bring?

L. Herr-Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Mon Dec 28 07:33:17 PST 1998

That great non-denominational present-giver was good to us at our house, as
well:

To whit: A set of really nice wooden-handled knives suitable for SCA, Rev
war and Roundezvous camp-cooking use (those last two require your cooking
equipment look authentic. 'T'aint easy, but it can be done). Ditto all the
spoons I could want.

Additionally I recieved leaping stag cookie cutters (our new canton's
device, should it float),  a cookbook help-book entitled "The Kitchen
Companion, The Ultimate Guide to Cooking and the Kitchen" by Polly
Clingerman. Very few recipes. Just really sound advice all the way through
for every sort of foodstuffs and cooking techniques. Looks good, I'll have
to give it a good once-over. Looks like it has some good burned-food
"rescue" tips. Not that I do that, mind you. All these were from my boss!

I got a replacement timer (the ding fascinates the children--hence the need
for a replacement) and a new instant-read meat thermometer.

And then the non-cooking stuff: three herbal bathproduct cookbooks and a
soap making kit. A new computer for the kids (now I can have more room for
my recipes! YAY!).

And best of all, my brother, who has not celebrated Xmas in about 10 years,
actually came, enjoyed himself, and then went home happy. Must've been the
roast beast studded with garlic and slathered with butter, celery
salt,pepper and a good souse of burgundy, served au jus with roast-garlic
mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, leeks and mushrooms,  and for dessert
home-made mincemeat pies with french vanilla icecream.

Sigh. Back on Atkins today.

Cheers, and the best of the season to all of you---be it Kwanza, Chanukkah,
Xmas, Ramadan, Yule, or simply a season to spoil the ones you love.

Aoife--suspecting that one of the "pleasures" under Ras's dome will be the
sin of gluttony!

Dame Aoife Finn
Barony of the Endless Hills
(N.E. Penna., USA)