SC - Suggestions for vegetarian "main" dish needed

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Wed Dec 2 14:14:16 PST 1998

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Why am I reminded of a scene in one of those National Lampoon movies
> which involved hamburgers made entirely from Hamburger Helper?
[Eeeewww!!!]

> Adamantius, traumatized as a child during a Meat Boycott in the early
> 70's by a gluten product known as "Joshua Fillets"...

Oh my, but does that bring back memories! Early-mid 70's, my mother would
bring home various meat substitutes made by 'Loma Linda'- soy-based
life-forms that were only sort of ok if highly spiced _and_ you didn't see
mom get them out of the pantry. Oddly enough, our dog, a 75-lb. American
Eskimo, though they were great and was quite happy when we slipped them to
him surruptitiously under the table. This was around the time mom tried her
own soap-making, learned to knit, etc., so the do-it-yourself movement did
do a little more that provide us with a stack of old copies of _Mother Earth
News_...
	As to vegetarian dishes to serve with/next to Venison, I would go
for Frumenty, Funges, and Caboges for a start. Salads are always good,too.

'Lainie

	I *knew* there was something behind your drive to
	make zoomy cooler covers, mead from Cheerios...:-)

Bera