SC - OOP question: Snapdragon?

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Dec 2 18:48:17 PST 1998

>> The second item was a festive dish referred to as a "snapdragon."  The
most information I could glean from the book was that it had *something* to
do with raisins soaked in (presumably brandy) and lit afire.  They never
outlined the procedure for the dish itself.

>There's an explanation of snapdragon in Martin Gardner's edition of "The
>Annotated 'Alice' ": I gather it's more of a game than a dish. The idea,
>as I understand it, is to see who can grab the most raisins from the
>bowl without burning him/herself, and before the flame goes out.

Sounds like the drink Cucarachtcha (HUGE spelling mistake - my Spanish is a
little rusty) to me.  I've actually lived to tell about this one. Scary
practise.

Micaylah

"Man, you ain't lived
Till you've had your tires rotated