SC - Table Puppies

Tim & Dee Henry timdee at sgi.net
Tue Dec 1 21:21:35 PST 1998

> I would love to read up some more on this, could you please post a couple of the
> books/authors so I could go a browsing in the library?  Feel free to post
> privately too!  and it's nice to know our beagle was a period style dog, I
> should have taken him to more events before he passed on-he loved going to
> them!

Sorry but I could only find 3 of my dog breeds books, had to pack my books up because my bookshelves were falling apart.  So I am sure that the rest of the books are in one of the several boxes in the basement.  :-}

The books that I could find are:

"How to Choose & Care for Your Dog" by Joan Palmer -- HPBooks  ISBN #: 0-89586-172-0
	This book doesn't have alot of good pictures of the different breeds mostly drawings and they are not the greatest quality replications of the breeds.

"Harper's Illustrated Handbook of Dogs" edited by Roger Caras (I do believe this is the man who announces the Westminster Kennel Club Show) -- Harper & Row, Publishers ISBN #: 0-06-091198-0
	This book has really good actual pictures of the different breeds.  It also has a chart telling the degree of breed characteristics for different situations, ie: kids, small house, etc.   This book also contains breeds that the AKC does not recognize.

"17th Edition of The Complete Dog Book"published by the AKC (American Kennel Club) -- Howell Book House Macmillan Publishing Commpany  ISBN #:0-87605-463-7
	This book goes more into Show requirements than the other two books.  It also has good actual pictures of the different breeds.    This book is good for someone very interested in show quality standards for AKC shows.

As soon as I find my other books I will send the information to you.

Dierdre (timdee at sgi.net)

Hope this helps!!