SC - An old recipie memory

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Thu Dec 3 18:26:29 PST 1998

 Adamantius wrote masterfully:

> Talk about the downfall of Western Civilization! We don' need no
> steenkeeng bouillon.
>
> Chicken Stock + Blonde Roux = Sauce Veloute
> Sauce Veloute + Egg Yolks = Sauce Allemande
> Sauce Veloute + Cream = Sauce Supreme
> Sauce Supreme + Egg Yolks = Sauce Supreme Glacage (sp?)

I got this recipe from a book on "French" cooking
Broil 1 Ckicken which has herbs, salt , and pepper rubbed into the skin, cool
Cut Chicken into 8-10 equal pieces, place in pie pan
Drizzle a sauce (made from chicken drippings, blond roux, white whine, and a few
teaspoons of Dijon mustard) upon the chicken pieces.
Drape this with swiss cheese (I like gureyre, I can never spell or pronounce this
cheese)
Bake on high until the cheese bubbles and browns slightly.

My point is-- SO what would you call THIS sauce?
  --

Henri and Antea
Kingdom of Ansteorra, Barony Stargate