SC - Re: dog list (OT)

Russell Gilman-Hunt conchobar at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 4 16:30:03 PST 1998

Ras, the erudite, cheeky and delightful, signed off with:
(Wondering why pigs which can be eaten and cooked are a boring
subjectfor the cooks list but dogs which no one ever posts
recipes for are not)

Hmm.
http://cis.nmclites.edu/~beyer/sam/recipe.html

2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup soy flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or Grapenuts® or Bran Buds® or oatmeal)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk (Liquid, not powdered)
Next, preheat your oven at 350 degrees F. Mix dry ingredients. Add
oil, molasses, eggs, and milk (Eggs and milk to be beaten together
first). Add more milk as needed to make a firm dough.
Roll the dough out so that it is a 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes
(We have a special dog biscuit shape that we use). Bake on a cookie
sheet with oven at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until biscuits are
lightly toasted.
(Note: To make biscuits harder, leave them in the oven with the heat
turned off for an hour or more.)

===
Sergeant Conchobar Mac Muirchertaig
(Isn't there a rock around here somewhere?)