SC - Fava beans?? (and thanks)

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Fri Dec 4 23:40:16 PST 1998

help!

Please, can one of you American cooks give me an alternative name for fava
beans?  They ain't known in South Africa under that name.  What do the
darned things look like?  White?  Brown?  Approximate shape?  All the stuff
I have on period beans tells me that favas are the most period variety,
which isn't helping much... :>

I realise with horror that I never posted to say thanks to Ras and
Adamantius (the usual suspects!) for their posts  on fine-ground versus
coarse-ground black pepper - clarified things very nicely, thank you very
much!  (Rudeness was due to madly finishing a friend's wedding dress while
organising my life around a minor arm operation - I've just caught up 8
digests...)

thanks and apologies,
Melisant

Melisant de Huguenin  *  Jessica Tiffin * melisant at iafrica.com
Seneschal, Shire of Adamastor, Drachenwald (Cape Town, South Africa)
Sable, three owls, wings elevated, argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.