SC - Stefan's pointers - legalities

CONNECT at aol.com CONNECT at aol.com
Sun Dec 6 17:19:20 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/5/98 6:00:23 PM, kiriel at cybergal.com writes:

<<On legality, my understanding when you join this list you get a message
that tells you all about the list, and explains to you very clearly that
when you post a recipe to the list you agree to it being reproduced
freely. I don't know about the legality of reproducing recipes from
books, but for recipes that you have redacted yourself, the legal
situation seems pretty clear!>>

Just as an FYI, lists of ingredients are not copyright-able. It is only the
instruction part of a receipe that could be copyrighted by the author. If you
wish to get more clarification, please check out the US Gov't Patent and
Copyright web site. :) They have lots of examples and other info in plain
english.

Your humble servant,
Rosalyn MacGregor
(Pattie Rayl)