SC - SCA in books

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 6 17:36:08 PST 1998

kat commented:

> and Adamantius responded:
>
> > The book in question souinds like it might be Peter S. Beagle's "The
> > Folk of the Air"...
>
> I was thinking it was Marion Zimmer Bradley's "The House Between The
> Worlds."  That was the first book I read that mentioned the SCA, however
> briefly; but then, that was before I knew MZB had coined our name... :-)

For those interested in such SCA folklore this has been a re-occuring
subject on the Rialto over the years. Take a look at this file in the
SCA-STORIES section of my Florilegium for more such examples:

SCA-in-books-msg  (32K)  8/21/96    Mentions of the SCA in books and magazines.

I have not tried to cross-referance against the authors mentioned in this
file to see how many of these books mentioning the SCA are written by SCA
members:

SCA-authors-msg   (36K) 12/16/94    Authors who have been/are SCA members.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
(My Florilegium is at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html)