SC - I need some advice and dessert recipes

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Dec 6 21:24:38 PST 1998

At 04:39 PM 12/4/98 -0800, Cariadoc wrote:

>>Barley Pilaf with Pine Nuts
>>Lentils and Leeks
>>Nucato (Honey-Nut Crunch)
>>Cherry Bread Pudding
>>Blak Perys (Pears with Carob Cream)

The Barley Pilaf is my recipe. I have used this at camping events (feeds 40
really well).

Lentils and Leeks - Apicius by John Edwards, pg 103

Nucato - The Medieval Kitchen by Redon, Sabban and Serventi, pg 217
(Really, really tasty. I made this for lunch dessert at Feast of the Hare
in November and it was scooped up as fast as we could cut it!!)

Cherry Bread Pudding - Known World Handbook (we have a gentle who can ONLY
make this and has no desire to do anything else, so it is on the menu, but
I have already pegged Arture into this slot) He does a good job so why fix
what ain't broke? Some people really enjoy it!

Blak Perys - Fabulous Feasts, page 193 - sounds too yummy to pass up.

I understand the inconsistencies and problems of F.F.  But while I would
never document a feast from this publication, I will not dismiss the book
out of hand, especially when doing a period/perioid type Pot Luck and the
rest of the book is actually quite interesting as I'm sure you'd prolly agree.

Thanks for all the recipes. If they don't make it into the pot luck...they
will sometime!!!!

Micaylah

"Man, you ain't lived
Till you've had your tires rotated