SC - Kitty Christmas- OT, OOP, Humor

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Mon Dec 7 18:56:46 PST 1998

For years, our tree was chained to the wrought iron curtain rods--chains
tastefully strung with tinsel garlands--so the the flying karamazov brothers
and sisters didn't demolish it.  All I remember of the Christmas I was 5 is
seeing the Christmas tree--floor to ceiling size--come down.  And down.  And
down, with me under it.  Nice Fluffy, wanna play outside?

It pays to have an 18 1/2 year old cat.  Friday just looked, turned
around, went back to her box and napped.  Ho Hum.  I still, out of habit,
put the most unbreakable items hanging at cat rub height.

	I still recall the joy of getting a 6-month old
	Persian out of a Christmas tree where she was
	yowling with fright because her fur had become
	entangled with the needles and pine resin.

	Lovely.

Berengaria