SC - Sausage experiment

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Dec 8 22:14:54 PST 1998

I purchased a Porkert today. A Czechloslovian (sp?) made hand cranked meat
grinder., Size 10 to play around with experimenting with crearing my own
venison sausage. I am IMPRESSED!!!!!! How did I ever go without one of these
things? How did I not realize the joy of sausage making before?

I couldn't get anyone else interested in helping for payment in sausage but
that is there loss! The recipe that I created is absolutely wonderful. Not
bragging really, just awed by this whole experience. I will post the recipe
tomorrow PM. It's spicy but not hot in the least and not period but it does
use many period spices- the result of consulting 17 different venisin sausage
recipes, putting them all away and rolling up my sleeves.;

If any one has not experienced the joy of sausage making you are in for a real
treat. Now I understand why Master Adamantius speaks with such emotion about
it. Thank you, Master, for opening this door to me. :-).

Ras