SC - Use of aluminum in cookery

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Fri Dec 11 20:38:09 PST 1998

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:07:19 EST CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:
>I've gotten rid of my aluminum years ago, for a combination of reasons.
Not
>the least of which is the putrescent green it turned a batch of gourd
soup we
>made. Yes, I was concerned about the first three or four reports of the
>aluminum deposits in the nerve sheaths of Alzheimer's patients. Aluminum
is
>GREAT for airplanes, and I still use aluminum foil, but I don't cook in
it.
>Everything in my kitchen is stainless or cast iron. I figure that's in
my
>blood naturally, so how could it hurt?
>
>Corwyn

I too have eliminated aluminum from my kitchen.
I do know that the use of cast iron skillets/pans/pots do add some iron
content to the food cooked in them. For the ladies this is a good thing
as they need more of an iron rich diet than men.

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kitchen Steward of Household Port Karr
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com, (www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1709)