SC - alt to parchment paper/recipe request

Diana Haven tantralya at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 15 04:57:23 PST 1998

>Susan Browning wrote:
>
>> Would there be a substitute for the baking parchment?  I assume
something is
>> needed to keep it from sticking to the pan.
>>
>> Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt
>
>FWIW, Jeff Smith, if I recall, recommends heavy-weight, smooth typing
>paper, sprayed on both sides with a light film of cooking spray, which
>you allow to soak in before using...I've never tried it, but since
we're
>baking this stuff at 300 degrees F., these might be ideal test
conditions.

>Adamantius

I have used, and been amazed, at the everyday brown paper bags you get
from the grocery store.  I cut them up and use them at home.  (yes, I do
bake them first to kill the germs off)  Especially now at the holidays
when I make my merengue puff cookies, I ask the clerks to pack in double
bagged paper bags.

Also, would anyone have a hedgehog recipe? the one that starts with
forced meat and uses lovely period spices (cubeb, pepper, ginger,
cinnamon)? I seem to have misplaced mine in a flurry of wrapping paper,
ornaments, gifts.....*sigh*

Worse yet, I need it for this Saturday.

Thanks all, Mewwy Chwistmas, Happy Chanukkah, Blessed Yule, Happy
Kwanzaa (did I miss anyone?)

Diana

Everywoman is a Goddess.  Everyman is a God.  We are all
equal, so get over yourself!