SC - Panforte - OOP but perioid

Tue Dec 15 07:00:04 PST 1998

> Would there be a substitute for the baking parchment?  I assume something
> is
> needed to keep it from sticking to the pan.
>
> Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt

Baker's parchment is a light weight, lintless brown paper.  It has a look
and feel similar to tracing paper. Bakers use it to line tins for cakes,
tarts, and other goodies which have a tendency to stick even to greased
tins.  You should be able to purchase some at an upscale supermarket.  My
last batch was purchased in a close out at a gourmet (yuppie) kitchen
supply.

As a field expedient for the panforte, I would probably use onion skin
typing paper or tracing paper.  I have prepared the panforte without
parchment and find that removing the cake from the base is difficult at
best.

Bear