SC - Hedgehogs

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Dec 16 14:21:40 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/16/98 11:23:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<< I do have a question. I understand that "mawe" is the intestine casing but
 am I mistaken in the use of the term "lire" in meaning liver? >>

Yes, liver is meant. While it is standard practice to leave these organ meats
out of this mixture, their addition improves the flavor of the final product
greatly. In my venison sausage I made recently I ground up the liver and heart
in the meat mixture and a person who swore they would never eat liver scarfed
down a half dozen sausages before asking me why I was so amused. :-)

I would suspect that many SCA redactors avoid the organ meats simply because
of a   misguided notion that 'people' don't like them. The fact that organ
meats disappear quickly from the store shelves shows this to be untrue.

Ras