SC - More Holiday stuff- OT, OOP

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Wed Dec 16 16:21:14 PST 1998

I enjoyed that story ;-)

When I was a kid, I went to Orcas Island every year for the summer, and used
to sail frequently with the Kaiser family in their Islander 33, named
Halcyone. Later, when I got my first horse, an Arab, I named her Halcyone.
Really miss her. While researching the name, I discovered that the name
referred to a bird which, by nesting on the waters, calmed them, but had not
found that specific myth before. I love the Ancients- they have a lovely
habit of relating virtuous people to virtuous actions, and giving happy
endings ;-)

Thanks again,

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom

Southeastern Ohio

Phlip at bright.net

Consistancy is the last refuge of the unimaginative.