SC - oop yorkshire pudding recipe needed!

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Thu Dec 17 09:17:00 PST 1998

When I do Yorkie-puddin for our household I use

1 egg per
1/2 cup flour per
1/2 cup milk
tiny pinch of salt

per person for the first 2 people, and per each additional 1-2 people.  But
I have never made it for more than 5 folks (meaning 4 eggs to 2 cups milk
and 2 cups flour.)  I suspect if you get too much larger it won't puff
properly.  For more guests I would do 2 pans in the oven at the same time
rather than one larger pan. But then I bake mine in a corning soufflé dish,
and it comes out tall and puffy and crisp on the outside, but still soft
and rich on the inside.

Preheat oven to 450F and preheat baking dish with 1T fat (beef dripping is
traditional, but I have used butter in a pinch.)  Pour your batter in all
at once, close the oven and resist peeking for at least 20 minutes.  (don't
remember the details of how long to bake, maybe 25 -30 min?).

I adapted my version from "easy basics for good cooking" - the best
beginners cookbook I ever got.

I do recommend a practice run so you know what to expect.

Gwen-Cat
Caerthe