SC - Butter - yet again

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 10:03:41 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/21/98 12:55:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<< I thought the butter was intersting, but if it continues to sour as it
 waits in the fridge, I can see it reaching a point at which I wouldn't
 like it.  >>

Butter can be successfully frozen and thawed. It will not continue to get sour
so much as it will go rancid which is a major factor in the storage of any
type of butter.

Anyway, if enough people 'discover' real butter again maybe the manufactirer's
will see the light. For those who do not use butter for whatever reasons,
Brummel and Brown makes an excellent yogurt 'butter'. It can be used in baking
but does not stand up too well when used for frying.

Ras