SC - cuskinolds

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Tue Dec 22 17:08:42 PST 1998

At 15:24 22-12-98 -0600, Bear wrote:
>No.  I wouldn't say it was like potatoes or feastocrats.  Those are
>repetitions of of a few comments and facts.  The Great Cuskynole Debate is
>an extensive, on-going disagreement over the precise interpretation of the
>recipe.  My cuskynole file has 117 messages, most over 5K in length.  I
>still haven't gleaned all of the messages from my grab files.

The problem lies in the fact that the Cuskynoles recipe is, as someone
(Cariadoc, I think) said, the only recipe in the entire corpus of Period
recipes that comes with an illustration of how to make the product - and
the illustration can very easily be interpreted in at least two very
different manners....

And I must agree with Brandu - my first reaction upon seeing just the
subject line of this thread was, "Aaaaaagh!!  They're back!!!"

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable