SC - Party Time

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sat Dec 26 13:50:35 PST 1998

I didn't have much to say for Thanksgiving, but Christmas made up for it
in feasting:
Christmas Eve, my house: leg of lamb roasted with garlic and marjoram,
served with Crosse & Blackwell Mint Jelly; wild and white rice, tossed
together, served with lamb gravy; green peas tossed with butter-sauteed
mushrooms and slivered almonds; Dutch imported tomato and butter lettuce
salad with Thompson's Raspberry Vainegrette; tiny tarlet size fruit
cakes, fudge and cream cheese brownies, raspberry sherbet, and 'Baby
Jesus' Birthday Cake'--an old family tradition that is a white cake with
white (cream cheese) frosting, flake coconut, and the same wooden angel
on the top for 35 years.  (But raspberry jam frosting one layer, this
year).

Christmas Day, my childrens' father's house: a large party.  First, crab
and shrimp cocktail, Sauce Oregon, champagne; crudities and nuts and
rolls and butter; roast goose with stuffing,accompanied by baked apples
with sweet potato stuffing; roast turkey with stuffing cups, wild rice,
cranberry sauce, sparkling cider; ham with cherry sauce, green bean/onion
casserole, sweet potato medallions, red wine; sugarless apple pie or
regular cherry pie; cheese board offered (no possible takers ;-)  )
coffee or tea--fancy blends, both; liquers and chocolates.

Russell has friends that are diabetic, also recovering alchoholics, so
lots of sugar-free and non-alchoholic beveridges are available.

Wish you could ALL  have been round the tables with us!

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc