SC - Cookie cutter cookie dough....

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 18:59:51 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/29/98 8:56:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< I believe le Menagier speaks of using rose-colored sugar for various
 purposes, so, by extension... .

 Adamantius >>

Are you then suggesting that 'rose colored sugar' is similar to frosting? If
you are then I would like to see any other 'proof'. There is no argument from
me as to whether sugar was sprinkled onto things or even whether it was
occasionally tinted. That is still a far cry from 'frosting'.

BTW, by the 1600's sugar had fallen considerable in price. and if I am not
mistaken Le Manegier was written well before the earliest possible dates for
SOME of the recipes that appear in EP's tome. By what thread do you assume
that mention of rose sugar could signify use of frosting. This is not a rebuff
but rather a serious attempt to comprehend the thought processes behind this
rather big assumption.

Ras