SC - purple fleur de lis?

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 31 18:54:18 PST 1998

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, The Cheshire Cat wrote:

> The only cookie I know and make that has purple in it, is lavender cookies.
> They end up looking a lot like shortbread/ butter cookie type things and
> has flecks of purple through from the lavender.  It looks quite attractive.
> I don't have any documentation for it so I'll have to say that it's not
> period, but if you are prepared to accept purple flecks as opposed to solid
> purple, they might be a goer.
> -Sianan

That sounds interesting, if folks know what those purple flecks are.
Lavender makes me quite ill. Is it possible to get violets? They're not in
season here in Oregon, but they might be elsewhere.
	Honestly, in all, I'd make regular cookies, and serve them on
fancy dish, with the prettiest purple brocade cloth that I could find
underneath. IMHO, of course.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731