OT!!! Re: SC - Thanksgiving-oop

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 2 05:22:51 PST 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Beatrix commented:
> > >He would love to join a purple dinosaur hunt.
> > >
> > >SIndara
> >
> > Here in Oakheart, we have already done so - it's what happens when the
> > local archery marshal also happens to have a 2 yr. old <g>. We hung him
> > upon a gallows, had an archery shoot at him, and the winner got the skin,
> > which she turned into a hat; no use in wasting these things, you know! :
>
> Ok, but what did you do with the purple dinosaur?

Based on sentence construction above, I assumed the P.D. in question was
either the local archery marshall or someone else on the hunt. Either
that, or perhaps used as fuel in the subsequent cooking. I recall once
acquiring a crate of several dozen inflatable, almost life-size, P.D.'s,
which were subjected to similar rigors and tests of resolve at a local
event which featured not only archery but spear-chucking. The daughter
of the Baron and Baroness of our neighboring barony decided to hijack
the last of our P.D.'s, and ran into the main hall, which, conveniently
for her, was also a Church, where she immediately demanded sanctuary.

She's subsequently turned into a human being, though.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy