SC - OOP question: Snapdragon?

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Dec 2 11:27:12 PST 1998

Just finished reading a very interesting Christie mystery, entitled "The Hallowe'en Party," in which several food questions are raised (and never answered, dash it all!)

The book opens with a character inquiring as to the difference between a pumpkin and a vegetable marrow "as she can never tell which is which."  I know we had discussed vegetable marrow on the list earlier; did we ever come to a conclusion?  If not, this could be a good hint.

The second item was a festive dish referred to as a "snapdragon."  The most information I could glean from the book was that it had *something* to do with raisins soaked in (presumably brandy) and lit afire.  They never outlined the procedure for the dish itself.

Any Anglophiles out there with some idea on the "snapdragon?"

Thanks in advance,

	- kat