OT - Re: SC - SCA and Sci Fi

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 2 16:20:06 PST 1998

Kathleen M Hogan wrote:

> Another really funny one is "High Crusade", which doesn't include the
> SCA, but has a rocket landing at a crusades era keep as the residents are
> preparing to go on crusade.  Well, they think that these are the
> "infidel", take over the ship and take the crusades to the stars.

This was recently made into a movie, they must have spent about nine
cents on it. The posters read, "In space, a heathen is still a heathen."

Main character is played by the relative unknown standup comic Rick
Overton (actually quite funny when doing his own material), but what
really got me was John Rhys-Davies as a castle chaplain explaining
transsubstantiation and the Holy Trinity to the alien pilot, looking for
evidence of a diabolical origin. The alien pilot has formed his own
opinion, of course.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy