SC - I might be getting a new oven

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Dec 3 18:26:23 PST 1998

We had a sears glasstop for the first 3 years we had the house, and we hated it
intensely! It had to cool down entirely before you could spritz it down with a surficant
to clean up spills, when you drop a pot from as low as 3 " the top may[well, did] crack,
it gets used as a convenient place to pile lots of dirty dishes rather than wash up
immediately...and the type of tempered opaque white glass we had seemed to look dingy
fairly soon after we got it-and we were taking care of it per directions.

My mom has trhe type of induction top with the opaque black top, and it has the annoying
feature of the little indicator lights stay on until the top has cooled down totally
making it hard to tell ata  quick look if the blasted thing is still on or not, and it
cant have abrasive cleaners used on it either.

Granted, I hate electric and would much rather have gas, but you makes due with what you
have to. It beats  having to go out and split wood for a fire at 6 am in the snow...
margali