SC - British bangers et al...

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Sun Dec 6 04:58:05 PST 1998

Adamantius,

While I certainly appreciate seeing your apology, given as the most
courteous gentleman you are, I certainly saw nothing in your post that
should hurt anybody's feelings- in fact, I found it as informative as I do
most of your postings. While I have never tried a British banger, and
therefore have no opinions on them, I found your description to be
sufficient to know what they would be like. Are they as homogeneous as our
hot dogs and bologna? I must confess, that I'm not a big fan of sausage of
any flavor - too fatty, usually - although, since the local stores have been
grinding and stuffing their own, I have developed a liking for their hot
Italian ( I use it in spaghetti), and the local Big Bear makes a
particularly wonderful bulk breakfast sausage. I have also, lately, taken a
liking to a couple brands of summer sausage, and recently had some homemade
smoked venison sausage which was wonderful- I WILL have that recipe ! Not to
mention specs on the smoker ;-)

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom

Southeastern Ohio

Phlip at bright.net

Consistancy is the last refuge of the unimaginative.