SC - An introduction and hopefully a quick query

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Mon Dec 7 06:18:41 PST 1998

<snip>

>My query is related to the "Take a Thousand Eggs or More" books, and maybe
>"A Sip Through Time". I was browsing the recipes of the cookbooks and was
>trying to convert the measurements to metric when I found that there are
>two different sets (at least) of pound weights and matching volume measures
>in use today. Which one should I use? The one where 2.2 pounds = 1kg or the
>other one?
<snip>

Hello, and welcome! I used U.S. measurements in TTEM.  The measurements in
the lists of ingredients in "A Sip Through Time" are repetitions of the
measurements given in each recipe, and are specific to the time & place of
origin of each recipe.  Conversion info is in the glossary.  I'm terrible
at math, so I chose not to convert the measurements for the reader.

Regards,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net
Recipes"