SC - Disease Threats OOP

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Thu Dec 10 11:02:00 PST 1998

Christianna wrote:

Subject: SC - Disease Threats

>>For one I will not be alarmed at a few isolated cases of any rare
>>disease and
>>certainly will not abstain from consumption  on the basis of such
>>statistically insignifivcant numbers.
>>
>>Ras

> How many studies should I need to believe it as a threat?
>What think you all?

Christianna, my Grandfather had Alzheimer's, as does my Grandmother.
According to both of their doctors, there is nothing that could have helped
prevent the onset.  They are unsure as to what is really causing it and what
helps it, or deteriorates it faster.  I would not give alot of creed to the
studies on Alzheimer's because, unfortunately, until they began calling it
Alzheimer's it was early senility and nobody was able help that either.

Sorry if I sound cynical about Alzheimer's but after spending the past 13
years exposed to family members afflicted with it, you begin to realize how
little doctor's really know about some things that they try to treat.

Murkial