SC - I need some advice and dessert recipes

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Dec 10 16:27:01 PST 1998

Micaylah writes that she is setting up a Baronial potluck and asks for
simple recipes for sweets.

Can you get anyone to make some sauces? Or even just buy mustard? Roast
meats ought to be served with sauces.

For sweets: try medieval gingerbrede, Digby's Excellent Cake (you will have
to tell them where to find rosewater), quinces in pastry (really simple for
anyone who can make pie crust), flathonys (a sort of custard tart with
ale), Sukkariyya (sugar-almond candy, fairly simple), all of which are in
the Miscellany (email me if there are recipes you want and you don't have
web access).

Elizabeth/Betty Cook