SC - Pheasant recipe

Kathleen M Hogan kathleen.hogan at juno.com
Sun Dec 13 08:13:20 PST 1998

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:37:33 EST LrdRas at aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 12/13/98 10:24:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>kathleen.hogan at juno.com writes:
>
><<  1 ts Allspice >>
>
>?

Gee, that was quick.  I sent out the recipes, checked my mail, answered
it and sent it back, and got this.....

I don't know if allspice is period or not, it could be a hybrid that came
up later.  The recipes were sent to  me by a friend in England several
years ago when I decided to start collecting midivil recipes to try.
I've never done a lot of research into whether or not the recipes are
documentable.  I'm an "old fashioned" cook....If it's good and seems like
something that could have been served...It's cool with me.

I made a dish for our event yesterday that was sent as a midievil to me,
Danish Carmelized Parsnips (I substituted potatoes for parsnips because I
didn't have any parsnips or money to buy them).  I don't have any
documentation on the recipe, but it was very good...I didn't have any
leftovers to bring home (rats...I liked them too).

Caitlin nicFhionghuin
House Oak & Thistle