Condensation (was RE: SC - Re: Freezing Bread Dough)

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Mon Dec 14 04:01:05 PST 1998

At 07:25 11-11-98 -0600, Bear wrote:
>You have reproduced a trick I learned during my stint as a photographer.
>When you need to bring your camera into a warm room from freezing weather,
>put it in a plastic bag and force the excess air out.  The condensation will
>form on the outside of the plastic bag.  I hadn't thought about using it
>with bread dough, but apparently it works.

Now you tell me....  I bet the same trick would have worked when going from
inside the air-conditioned submarine to the hotter-than-blazes main deck
whilst on the surface in the Persian Gulf, right? 8)  Lost some good
pictures to the resulting fog on the lens.

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable