SC - Steffato?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 16 04:21:51 PST 1998

Brenna wrote:

> A few weeks ago, I asked if anyone had a recipie for Steffato.  If anyone answered, I must have missed it while I was on vacation.  If anyone
> could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it as the people I know who have made it can't find their copies of it.  If not, does anyone
> have a good recipie for a beef and burgundy stew that I might be able to put in it's place for the meal?

Hmmmm. Steffato would be a cognate of estufade, estufee (as in Cajun
usage, or is that etuvee?). Based on absolutely no other evidence, this
_looks_ like one of those 17th-century English nods to French, Spanish
or Portuguese cookery.

Basically the name means "stew", but I don't recall seeing a recipe such
as you describe. I'll look around a bit, but is this a beef and red wine
stew, or is that your second choice?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy