SC - bread experiment

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sat Dec 19 15:52:21 PST 1998

I [in personal baking matters] have always omitted the salt from bread [except for
the experimental batch of irish salt rising bread I tried about 20 years ago] [and
no, i don't have the recipe anymore, so don't ask, Ras...] and have never had any
trouble with the mean, viscious yeast-beasties growing out of control [flash on a
I Love Lucy episode] When it doubles, It gets either punched down or popped into
the oven. The only variance from the printed recipe was in rolling the dough out
flat, slathering it with chestnut jelly and rolling it up. I plan on making it
again, perhaps in a nice garlic/herb version, or even as foccacia.
margali