SC - Bob & Diana Cosby <cosby at erols.com>: Honey recipe

geneviamoas at juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Sun Dec 20 17:01:03 PST 1998

She said... I asked...she replied... I forward it to you.  Enjoy.
Genevia

From: Bob & Diana Cosby <cosby at erols.com>
To: geneviamoas at juno.com
Subject: Honey recipe
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 19:37:09 -0500
<19981129.141713.5295.0.geneviaMoAS at juno.com>

geneviamoas at juno.com wrote: Recipe and any documentation you have please
:-)
I've never seen a recipe for Honey.  I'll pot to the cooks list and see
what
we can come up with.

~Genevia,
   I just called my Grandmother in Vermont as she gave the recipe for
honey
to me about 20 years ago.  She said she can't exactly remember where she
received the recipe, but believes it was in the early 1930's in the hills
of
Vermont.  She said she has made it many times and it's quite good.
Here's
the recipe -- enjoy.
Ha det sa bra & Happy Holiday,
Diana Cosby
cosby at erols.com

Honey
5lbs white sugar
15 red rose petals (Removed from rose) *Do not throw entire flower head
into
water.
2 1/4 cups of water
1/2 tsp. powdered alum
40 red clover blossoms (Pick petals) *Do not throw entire flower head
into
water.
30 white clover blossoms (Pick Petals) *Do not throw entire flower head
into
water.

Boil sugar and water until clear.  Add alum and boil a few minutes
longer.
Remove from fire.  Add rose petals, and red and white clover petals.  Let
stand for awhile then strain.

My grandma said she kept the honey after in the fridge.