SC - make you jealous

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:18:57 PST 1998

Sometimes, it really pays to work here!! The company that catered the
Chancellor's Open House last night just delivered the leftovers to us.
What a good lunch I am having!  There was an entire smoked salmon tray
left,surrounded by a beach of capers, a cliff of lemon slices and a dish
of butter.  Evidently there were slices of fresh bread last night-today
we are making do with Carr's Water Crackers to hold piles of whatever
combination.  It's just too bad so many of my co-workers don't
appreciate the salmon!!   There is a tray with a half and a
three-quarter wheel of some big huge white moldy cheese that is not
brie. I'm told it is St something beginning with A. There were dried
fruits and nuts with this last night, a minimum number remains, but
hardly anyone else here appreciates the dried figs, so I ate 'em. There
is a mountain of quarter-sized beaten biscuits with country ham going
fast, people are familiar with that. There is a single tray with a
selection of sweets: quarter-inch cubes of baklava, which is about as
much baklava as I can bear at once anyway, larger diamonds of some other
honey/filo/nut confection.  A dozen or so miniature choclate cupcakes
with cream cheese filling, the same of linzer cookies and random other
goodies in pairs and threes.

I'm eyeballing the kumquats and pomegranites used as garnish.  I will
not let them be simply tossed at the end of the day!

Happy Holidays!

Bonne
(who has found yet another reason to go use the big copier up front, and
who will snag another salmon cracker on the way there, and maybe on the
way back.  Oink!)