SC - What did Santa bring?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Dec 26 12:22:33 PST 1998

Marilyn Traber wrote:

> Now, This sounds fascinating....
>
> > Add 75 yards of orgamy and silk for my Turkish pleasure dome project, and you
> > have the makings of a great SCA Christmas. :-)
> >
> > Ras

"At Cooper's Lake did A'aql Ras a stately pleasure dome decree"???

Gracious people saw fit to provide me with an Uzbeki cookbook, a Persian
cookbook purporting to be about dishes that have survived, in some form,
from antiquity (i.e. modern rishta now contains New World beans and
tomatoes, but still exists in recognizable form, while shushburrak has
survived nearly unchanged), as well as 5 lbs of Belgian couverture
chocolate, and the mother of them all, a bag the size and shape of a
twenty-pound turkey, perhaps three pounds, of dried Chinese black forest
mushrooms, the ones that people think can have shiitakes substituted for
them, but can't. My mother-in-law was glad to hear I had almost, but not
quite, used up the bag she gave me _last_ year at this time, so her
timing and quantity estimations were right on the money. Of course she
has an ulterior motive; there was some hypothetical talk of stuffed
mushrooms with pork and shrimp for New Year's... .

Hope all on this list are having a glorious holiday, whatever it may be!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com