SC - Re: Pine Nut Confection

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 31 06:43:35 PST 1998

Renata wrote:

>I've lucked into rather a lot of pine nuts and I thought I'd try to
>make Alys Katharine's Pine nut confection as 12th Night gifts.
>Has anyone out there tried it? Any little surprises out I should know
>about?

Cindy Renfrow tried it.  Hope she is reading and can tell you about her
experience with it.  I haven't been able to find _any_ pine nuts
locally so I haven't tried it.  However, I found what I think is a
picture of it in the Cleveland Museum of Art!  It is solid, not runny
or gooey, and cut into large squares.  IIRC, Cindy had problems with it
"setting up" and becoming firm, rather than tacky.

Alys Katharine (soon to disappear again as school starts up)