SC - First try at redaction

Sun Feb 1 15:57:23 PST 1998

In a message dated 2/1/98 1:20:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, acrouss at gte.net
writes:

<< Are we doing a "cheat" when we pick our favorite 25 yr  old balsamic as the
 vinegar, knowing full well that it gives an entirely different taste and
 look to dish? >>

IMHO, vinegar should be approached in much the same way as wine when it is
being used as a cooking ingredient. Each locality has it's own specialties and
those are the ones that would be recommended for use in a particular the
cuisine of that region

BTW, I keep my balsamic vinegar and Aoife's garlic vinegar locked in a cabinet
in the cellar so I have to work to get at them. :-)

Ras.