SC - Ras' proclivities

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 15:18:09 PST 1998

grizly_nick at hotmail.com writes:

<<  No point here, just thinking out lound to the
 group.

 niccolo

In reality, your point is very much to the point and on target. The plagues
and scourges that occured throughtout Europe and other parts of the world
before modern medicine can  be attributed to bad water more than any other
factor (Typhus comes immediately to mind). You are correct in pointing out the
fact that NO KNOWN PATHENOGENIC ORGANISM can survive the brewing process.
Given that persons in the MA were unaware that viruses and bacteria existed
until very late, if at all., I am absolutely convinced that they were aware of
cause and effect (e.g. people that drank plain water were more oftentimes sick
than those who did not.  According to the theory of humors, water is cold and
unhealthy.

As recently as 23 years ago students from my high school were required to have
parental consent forms allowing seniors to drink wine when visiting Paris and
forbidding them to drink water.

Ras