SC - irish recipe question

Russell Gilman-Hunt conchobar at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:54:47 PST 1998

Red wine, garlic, and mushrooms make a good sauce, if thickened a bit, even
better. One of Lord Ras' yogurt concoctions would make another. Lots of
bread with herbed or honey butters are easy. Armored turnips would replace
the potatoes most commonly served with a barbecue- a savory rice would help
too. Salads I haven't seen much of yet. I'm assuming the diners are likely
to bring any kind of meat?

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: My Lord, It is a one day feast, also only one meal. It is May the 16th. We
: are thinking there will be 100-150 people there. We arehaving a Barbeque
: and everyone is to bring thier own meat. I have to furnish side dishes,
: salds,desserts,sauces,drinks. Eny help is welcome Anastasia
:
: ----------
: > From: Michael F. Gunter <mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com>
: > To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
: > Subject: Re: SC - HELP!
: > Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 11:53 AM
: >
: > Good Day Fair Lady,
: >
: > How many are you planning on serving and what kind of event is it? Will
: you have
: > a hall with a kitchen or is it an outdoor site? The people here are
: always willing
: > and very able to help. There are numerous sources on the Web with
recipes
: and
: > historical details. Give us some more information and I'm sure you will
: get the
: > answers you are looking for. Also, please try to make documentable
period
: recipes
: > from the start. It's not as hard as it sounds and if you start out right
: you won't
: > have to relearn things as I did.
: >
: > Looking forward to hearing more from you,
: >
: > Gunthar
: >
: