SC - Vinegar

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Wed Feb 4 03:38:54 PST 1998

At 11:32 AM -0800 2/3/98, Marisa Herzog wrote:
>                      RE>>SC - oxymel/hydromel/etc                 2/3/98
>
>>> I have made the Joy of Cooking's recipe for lemon syrup for years, and it
>is similar to the Arabic version that has been posted here before-
><snip>
>Sorry, I missed that one. Could you forward me the recipe? Thanks.
>Angelique   angeliq1 at erols.com
><snip>
>*&!#@!! I can't find it in my files, I must not have copied it.  I bet it is
>in Cariadoc's Misc. tho' if anybody has access to that.  phooey
>-brid

Syrup of Lemon
Andalusian p. A-74

Take lemon, after peeling its outer skin, press it and take a ratl of
juice, and add as much of sugar. Cook it until it takes the form of a
syrup. Its advantages are for the heat of bile; it cuts the thirst and
binds the bowels.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/