Lemon syrup (was SC - oxymel/hydromel/etc)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Feb 4 16:28:57 PST 1998

- ---marilyn i traber <mtraber at juno.com> wrote:
> On 3 Feb 1998 09:18:31 -0800 "Marisa Herzog"
> <marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu> writes:
> >well...i don't think I want to eat one though... anybody got a
> >flamingo?  When
> >Ras and I get hedgehogs we can have Cathedral lawn parties and
play
> >croquet!
> >-brid
> I'll make a few card tabbards...
> margali

Fresh out of flamingos. Perhaps, as with the fabled Roc, we could
substitute emu?

Perfectly serious side note: I'm looking at a map of the world dated
"c 1580". It shows, within reasonable tolerance, the correct
coastline for Australia and surrounds. It was printed by Ortelius as
part of one of the earliest compilations considered to be a true
Atlas. (Unclear as to whether this relied upon data from Drake's
circumnavigation, or only earlier sources.)

FOR RHETORICAL PURPOSES ONLY: Is it time to once again dig deeper
into the archives and review what we *think* we know about cultures
in contact with Europe prior to 1600CE? or at least artifacts
brought back as curiousities?

===
Adieu -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com