SC - Digby's Excellent Cake

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Feb 7 14:04:31 PST 1998

<<
  I have been seeing reciepes that include the ingredient:  *islinglass
 crystals*.  Can someone please tell me what they are and where you can get
 them or how to make them?  Many thanks, Phillipa

Isenglass is a substance used in brewing to help drop sediment out of mead.  I
have it on good authority that is a fish product, but that is all I know.  I
do know that is available from our local brewing shop (and living in Norman,
Oklahoma, I think that is pretty universal, as Norman is not the center of the
shopping universe.)

Tyrca