SC - cooking without fire, among others

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 03:32:11 PST 1998

At 12:21 AM -0600 2/10/98, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>I know it is in one of my files, but I’m not sure which one.
>I remember saving it, as related by Duke Cariadoc, because the true
>version doesn’t quite match how it is often related. He, in fact,
>says he often tells the standard version rather than the *real* one.

I do not know how you got that impression. To the best of my recollection I
have never told the "standard" (and wildly inaccurate) account of the
events in question.

What you might be remembering is my saying that I had refrained from giving
the accurate account in print, because I thought a situation with a variety
of inconsistent verbal traditions about historical events was historically
appropriate.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/