SC - [fwd] Period Vegetarian

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Feb 9 15:57:01 PST 1998

> OK, I finished brewing my second ever all grain batch today, and
> took the spent grains to make beer bread.  It was delicious, but >
soggy in the middle.  Here's the recipe, ideas anyone?

Couple of ideas... try kneading it by hand then letting it raise where
you can see it- see if the machine didn't do these things long enough.
Also, you can try punching it down and letting it raise an extra time-
that was the solution to some problematic nut roll for me!  Or,
increasing the flour content, or decreasing the liquid a little.  I'd
try the first suggestion first, though-  It's very possible that the
machine has no timing setting for that particular kind of bread.  I've
never used a machine before, so I don't know how they work...

Good luck!

Marjorie
Mountain Confederation
Fox Clan