SC - An odd event

jeffrey s heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 12 08:49:16 PST 1998

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Hedgehog (e.g or at least their American counterpart the groundhog)  is quite
> tasty actually. :-) BTW, if I hadn't mentioned it before, hedgehogs when
> rolled into a ball are about the size of an orange. Thought that might be a

Not of you use an adult hedgehog, and include the spines (about 2" long,
I'd say). When "unrolled" they are 20-25 cm long, and 10-15 cm or so
wide.  If you have oranges matching the ball that that forms I'll start
beliveving some of those emigration era postcards with 20 feet high
chickens! I'd estimate the ball to at least 15 cm diameter.

> Uh, folks, the hedgehog is not a goundhog. It is similar to the American
> porcupine not a groundhog. I find it hard to think of something covered
> in spines as “cuddly”.

When they are relaxed they frequently allow you to pet them.

/UlfR

P.S. For the metrically challenged: 1 inch = 2.54 cm

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
Cogito, ergo erras.