SC - very OOP & OT

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Feb 12 10:36:36 PST 1998

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 19:18:12 EST melc2newton at juno.com (Michael P Newton)
writes:
>A friend and I are planning on running a vegetable stall at our
>group's spring event.
>Beatrix

Well, I would do carrots, onions, potatos, celery, cabbage and garlic as
the staples. I would add a lesser amount of eggplant, spinach/kale/misc
greens and rice. I might even consider adding a few boxes of minestroni
soup beans/pasta, hummus, felafel and tabouli mixes, olive oil,
vinegar[cider or wine, not the yecchy distilled] and maybe some packets
of dressing mix. I know the extra stuff isn't strictly vegetables, but an
amazing amount of stuff can be made out of this reather short list of
things[it also sort of duplicates what I take to Pennsic as a basic
larder. I add jerked beef and chicken, and a few of Fortuna's deli small
batch hand made sopresata sausages. I also bring jars of stock base in
chicken and beef. You can use the stocks, jerked meats/sopresata and
other goodies to turn out soups without needing refrigeration at all.]

margali