SC - Hungarian Goulash OOP

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 19:52:30 PST 1998

<< The Crown Royal I sell at the liquor store is a Canadian Whiskey which are
rye
 based spirits. Irish whiskey is a barley based spirit. I am curious as to the
 difference in the final product when using two definitely different spirits.
 do not doubt that the Cream cordial you produced was in fact luscious. I am
 wondering if the results are equally tasty using corn based whiskeys such as
 bourbons. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance.  >>

      Remember that I'm the recovering alcoholic, hence I don't drink any of
this stuff.  I guess that makes my info second hand, even if I do help him put
the batches togther.   I do know that when he first started making this, he
used Irish whiskey.  I was with him when he bought it.  We made half a dozen
bottles to donate as prizes for a Shire event.  Ever after, at events, there
are those who would search out my lord to see if he 'just happened' to have
brought any more along.  Of course, he saved a 'test' bottle for himself the
first round - and from every batch we've made since.
      I think, to be honest, the last batch he used part Irish whiskey and
part Crown.  He ran out of the one and made up the difference with the other.
I have no idea what it would be like with bourbon.  There's only one way to
find out I guess....try it, you might like it!  :o_)

                                                   Melusine